Training SA

MailScanner mailscanner at SMITS.CO.UK
Sun Feb 22 09:00:40 GMT 2004

Try this script; we use it to pull the messages from junkmail and
goodmail folders on the Exchange and feed the messages to sa-learn like
so:

#!/bin/sh

SERVER=<fill in your server name / IP here>
USER=<spam checking user>
PASS=<password>

GOOD=goodmail
JUNK=junkmail

SPAM=/tmp/spam
NOTSPAM=/tmp/notspam

LOGFILE=/var/log/learn.spam.log
PREFS=/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
SALEARN=/usr/bin/sa-learn

/usr/sbin/folderdump --host $SERVER --user $USER --pass $PASS --folder
Public\ Folders/$JUNK --dir $SPAM
/usr/sbin/folderdump --host $SERVER --user $USER --pass $PASS --folder
Public\ Folders/$GOOD --dir $NOTSPAM

date >> $LOGFILE

$SALEARN --prefs-file=$PREFS --spam $SPAM >> $LOGFILE 2>&1
rm -f $SPAM/*

$SALEARN --prefs-file=$PREFS --ham $NOTSPAM >> $LOGFILE 2>&1
rm -f $NOTSPAM/*

Make sure that the spam checking user has read access to the public
folders. You may want to restrict its write/delete access to the
junkmail folder only, otherwise a user may accidentally drag and drop a
valuable message on goodmail, rather than Ctrl+Drag and drop.

Bart...