Hello? (was Re: Adding Envelope Headers?)

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Feb 20 22:26:21 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 21:56, Kevin Miller wrote:

> Regardless, I just want to say that your efforts are *really really*
> appreciated by more than a few of us Julian.  Probably feels like a
> thankless job a lot of times.  We're all swimming upstream against the tide
> of spam, but you're almost single-handedly keeping us afloat and I'm sure I
> speak for many others when I say that we're quite thankful for that.

I'll drink to that!

I have to say Julian that you are one of the most responsive developers
I've come across.  So many times I've seen someone post to the list for
some advice on a problem, or how to write a custom function etc and
within hours you've written them a whole new feature - really above and
beyond the call of duty.

You owe us nothing, but we owe you a debt of gratitude for the many long
hours you have spent honing MailScanner into such a fine tool.  We all
have different ways of thanking you, some will contribute patches, some
test, some spend time here helping MailScanner newbies (hopefully
reducing the support burden, so you can concentrate on the interesting
stuff), some will buy you something from your wishlist.  What I'm trying
to say is that the vitality of this little community around MailScanner
is our thanks (although it doesn't hurt for us to say it explicitly
from time to time).

(I'm going to stop now, because all this public praise isn't very
British!)

John, I hope you read this, whilst I don't agree with the way you made
your case on this occasion  I know that you have contributed to the
community in the past (which is more than can be said for many of the
folks that turn up here demanding help).  I personally hope that you
will continue to participate in the future.

Kevin

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000