Bayes Engine not being used?

Fri Feb 20 17:08:00 GMT 2004

Ok then - I had the situation where my sa-learn scripts were runnign a
root and resetting the perms on the DB files every so often. I think
theres now an option on MS 4.25 (or later) to force the umask in this case.

anyway to debug the problem...

stop MailScanner
change the Debug and Spamassassin Debug options to 'yes' in MailScanner.conf

run check_MailScanner

this will run a single instance of MS and you should be able to see any
errors relating to the Bayes DB pop up on the screen. NB CTRL-S and
CTRL-Q can suspend/restart the text scrolling past, and CTRL-C will stop
  MS.

Once you want to restart MS in the normal way, change the Debug settings
back to 'no' and restart MS in the normal way.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Admin Team wrote:
> At 11:16 AM 2/20/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Errol
>>
>> make sure the bayes DB files and directory containing it are *writable*
>> by the user defined in the MailScanner.conf file..
>>
>> --
>> Martin Hepworth
>> Snr Systems Administrator
>> Solid State Logic
>> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>>

> Yes that is the case. The time stamps on the bayes_** files are being
> updated.
>

> Errol Neal

the system manager.