Spam whitelist rules

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Fri Feb 20 14:53:02 GMT 2004

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> While researching rules I got the impression that all the stuff below
> should have the same result (no spam check done), am I correct?
>
> Spam Checks = %rules-dir%/spam.1.rules
> From: *@domain no
>
> = %rules-dir%/spam.2.rules
> From: *@domain yes
>
> Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.3.rules
> From: *@domain no
>
> Kai

You can whitelist, or blacklist an address, but still do spam checks in
order to see what the score is.  In other words, you can have
SpamAssassin give a score of 500, and show the hits/scores for each
test, and if the address is in "Is Definitely Not Spam," the email is
still going through...with the scores displayed

On our server when people request quarantined spam, I change the $_
header to a "Is Definitely Not Spam" IP, but I allow Spam Checks.  That
way, people can see why it was stopped in the first place.  If you had
an address that was "no" for "Spam Checks", then you wouldn't see the
SpamAssassin tests.

Hope that helps.

Dustin
--