Outbound mail not scanned

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 08:19:22 GMT 2004

MailScanner will scan all mail passing into the mail server by SMTP. I
suspect you are running an old sendmail and have a mail system (e.g. a
webmail interface) which is delivered by invoking the sendmail binary
directly. You need to configure your webmail system or whatever to send
mail by talking to an SMTP server called "localhost". That way it will use
SMTP and MailScanner will get to see it.

--
Julian Field