Send Spam to Folder?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 14:27:11 GMT 2004

The standard way of achieving this with POP users is to have a second
username for every user, that has a name like
         username+spam
for which mail is delivered into a separate mailbox. Using a procmail
setup, you could achieve the same thing for their IMAP spam folder.

You then write a trivial little Custom Function which for a user "username"
returns "forward username+spam" as the "Spam Actions" setting. Procmail
then picks up the new username+spam in the envelope recipient and delivers
it into their spam mailbox.

Does anyone else agree that will work?

--
Julian Field