MailScanner>SpamAssassin>Debian>Webmin Oddity

Dave's List Addy listonly at WEBPRESENCEGROUP.NET
Wed Feb 18 20:44:10 GMT 2004

I asked on Debian-ISP but no answer so far, hoping someone may have an
answer here.

We are setting up a Mailhub for our hosting clients, want to send all
inbound mail to our Debian box, Woody with BF4, and then redirect mail to
the hosting/email servers for user pickups (we use Cobalt Raq's for the
clients.)

We installed sendmail from stable Debian, and Mailscanner from stable per
instructions on the FAQ at Mailscanner. We then uninstalled MailScanner and
installed MailScanner and SpamAssassin from Testing Debian using the
instructions from the MailScanner website.

We felt we did everything correct except now we see 2 directories for
MailScanner

 /etc/MailScanner
 /etc/mailscanner

I am thinking we want the /etc/MailScanner as the true dir. Is this some
left over items from doing the MailScanner install from stable first, then
removing with apt and doing a testing install?? This was the method they
recommended at MailScanner.

Webmin seems to be picking up the lower case mail scanner. But when we go in
to make modifications it kills MailScanner with the following error

Cannot open config file /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf, no such file
or directory at /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 535.

The Debian apt-get install doesn't place files into /opt.

Anyone have any hints or help to aid us??
--
Thanks!!
David Thurman