Feature concept... "noisy viruses"?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Feb 18 19:02:47 GMT 2004

At 01:38 PM 2/18/2004, Julian Field wrote:
>I think the phrase "somewhat rare" hits the nail on the head. I think they
>are so rare now that they are not worth bothering about. The probably form
>0.1% or less or your viruses in an average (recent) month.

Agreed, they are extraordinarily rare..

Ordinarily I'd just say "Well then remove virus replies entirely"...

However, there are those that continue to use Virus notifies and manually
maintain their silent virus list.. This would offer those administrators a
"reduced headache" alternative while still reaching their goals of
notifying senders where it's practical.

I'm mostly proposing it from a concept of "If people are going to use it,
at least offer them an option which defaults to the most-safe behavior if
they fall behind in maintenance"

I myself might even consider using the feature on occasion, despite my
opposition to general virus notifications. However, I won't push strongly
for you to implement it or not.

Thanks for considering it Julian..