spam.lists.conf and SORBS

Magda Hewryk mhewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Tue Feb 17 19:56:36 GMT 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:41:01 +0100, Raymond Dijkxhoorn
<raymond at PROLOCATION.NET> wrote:

>Hi
>
>> >SBL+XBL (Spamhaus), DSBL and/or AHBL.
>>
>> Spamhous can't be resolved (sbl.spamhaus.org)so why you are using
spamhaus?
>> Maybe I have a wrong FQDN ...?
>>
>> Can you list your spam.lists.config for RBLs, please.
>> Here is my list:
>
>What do you mean cant resolve? It is used to lookup hosts. And works
>fine. You wont get a A record for sbl.spamhaus.org if thats what you mean.

By "I can't resolve" I mean I can't dig or nslookup on it:
# nslookup sbl.spamhaus.org
** server can't find sbl.spamhaus.org: SERVFAIL

However I can resolve relays.ordb.org
Name:   relays.ordb.org
Address: 62.242.0.190

I set different servers and still can't resolve my RBLs except ordb.
Any thoughts?