MS config suggestions

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue Feb 17 16:35:40 GMT 2004

Hi Julian,

I am installing the newest MS (mailscanner-4.26.8-1) on a brand new
server and I noticed the following configuration directives in
MailScanner.conf:
  Clean Header Value       = Found to be clean
  Infected Header Value    = Found to be infected
  Disinfected Header Value = Disinfected
  Information Header Value = Please contact the ISP for more information
  Unscanned Header Value = Not scanned: please contact your Internet E-Mail Service Provider for details
  Scanned Subject Text = {Scanned}
  Virus Subject Text = {Virus?}
  Filename Subject Text = {Filename?}
  Content Subject Text = {Blocked Content}
  Spam Subject Text = {Spam?}
  High Scoring Spam Subject Text = {Spam?}
  Attachment Warning Filename = %org-name%-Attachment-Warning.txt
  Notice Signature = -- \nMailScanner\nEmail Virus Scanner\nwww.mailscanner.info

Shouldn't these be moved to %report-dir%/languages.conf with the other
stuff that gets localized by people?  I translate all of them to French
on my systems...  Would it be worth the efforts?

How about file(name|type).rules.conf?  Would you like to get our
localized versions?

You also indicate the following default value has been changed to no but
it is still yes...
  # Do you want to notify the people who sent you messages containing
  # viruses or badly-named filenames?
  # The default value has been changed to "no" as most viruses now fake
  # sender addresses and therefore should be on the "Silent Viruses" list.
  # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
  Notify Senders = yes

As always, many thanks for this great software!

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.