Footers

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Mon Feb 16 09:49:21 GMT 2004

Hi All,

We have customers beginning to go mental at us again for the fact that
footers are applied multiple times on their email conversations - ie. They
reply to an email and don't trim the footer off and wind up with a heap of
footers on the bottom of their mail.

While I know this is more an issue of them not trimming is there any way
MailScanner can check to see if the message already has the footer & either
removes to old one and re-appends to the bottom /or/ just plain doesn't
append it if a copy already exists in the message?

I had an idea that perhaps MailScanner could look for a string (the first
line of the footer) in the message and if it exists, don't append the
footer.

I think I've asked this before and no real solution was offered, it would be
a very nice thing to have added if it is at all possible!  I'm sure I'm not
the only person who has customers who have asked for this..

Regards,

David Hooton

 Pain free spam & virus protection by:          www.mailsecurity.net.au
 Forward undetected SPAM to:                   spam at mailsecurity.net.au