bayes_toks.expire###### 1.9 gigs worth!

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Feb 14 11:10:36 GMT 2004

Brian Lewis wrote:
> Mailscanner 4.26.8
> SpamAssassin 2.63
>
> After 10 days since the install I have over 1.9 gigs worth of
> bayes_toks.expire##### files sitting in /root/.spamassassin/
>
> Why are these being created?  Can I delete them?  How can I prevent the
> system from creating them?

Are you using the bayes expire feature in 4.26.8? If you're not you
should try it (unless you're on Solaris).

The files you're seeing are orphaned due to the expire operation taking
too long to complete. I run a "sa-learn --rebuild --force-expire" from
crontab every night to fight it and since I started doing that I've had
no problems.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.66 + GMP 4.1.2