Updating importance

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 14:54:42 GMT 2004

At 14:47 11/02/2004, you wrote:
>Can someone explain the importance of updating, if it is important?  I
>am still learning Linux and I have MailScanner running with someone's
>help and I don't want to screw it up if it is not critical to update.
>However if it is critical to update, Its probably time that I dive into
>it again.

Keep an eye on it whenever you upgrade your virus scanner(s). If you need
the latest version of your virus scanner(s) (the scanning engine, not the
detection patterns which should always be up to date), then you may find
you have to update MailScanner to keep track of changes in the virus
scanner(s).
--
Julian Field