Local Relay patch for MS

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 09:53:44 GMT 2004

At 03:15 11/02/2004, you wrote:
>Kevin Miller wrote:
>
>>That would be handy, although you thought you could already do this after a
>>fashion by setting the option to not scan messages that already have the
>>MailScanner header.  Looking through the conf file I can't find it - was it
>>in another product?  Essentially it was a header that said to skip scanning
>>if it already had been as it was clean.
>>
>>Of course, a spammer could spoof that, but it doesn't seem all that
>>profitable to do so, as my custom header value will differ from yours, so
>>the spammer would have to know what they all were and target their spam
>>accordingly.
>>
>>By the way Lindsey, you may want to reset your reply to address.  It
>>defaults back to you instead of the list.
>>
>>S'later...
>>
>>...Kevin
>>--
>>Kevin Miller                Registered Linux User No: 307357
>>CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
>>Administrator
>>155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
>>Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

I can't implement this until I can get reliable code for all of
         sendmail - Me
         Exim - Tony Finch / Nick
         Postfix - done already
         ZMailer - Mariano
         Qmail - OpenComputing Project

The above are suggestions of who I would really like to write what, as and
when they have time. I am not an expert in all the MTAs and only wrote
support for 2 of the 5 myself.

Any chance of some help here people?
Many thanks, it is all appreciated by everyone!
--
Julian Field