For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Tue Feb 10 18:44:02 GMT 2004

I was just in the process of sending a note complimenting Julian for
removing the bounce option when this message came in.  I've been receiving
a flood of bogus bounces from all over the world.  They are the result of
emails from unkown users from my domain that have been faked by the MyDoom
virus.  Some still contained the virus.

I'd hardly call falsely bouncing virus laden messages an example of a
reliable transport medium.  A short time ago I had a spammer fake my
domain as his sending address...I had so many bounces I had to close down
my server until they died off!

The existing email transport system is inherently not reliable.

Gerry