For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Tue Feb 10 18:40:04 GMT 2004

I support Julian's decision of removing the "Bounce" option. To ask for this
option knowingly that 99% of the time you're notifying the wrong sender is
outrageous!!! ...

I repspectfuly object to the point was made about e-mail "reliability" by
enabling "Bounce". I think all you're doing is saturating the Internet with
junk and costing other MTAs valuable resources and creating confusion.
Do you call this "reliable"?
Bouncing too  many messages may even force some other MTAs to block your
server to stop the excessive bounces. Do you call this "reliable"?

I have been running MS to thousands of my users for 2 years now. Our users are
extremely happy, less confused, and trust our service. There are other ways
that Julian made available to accomplish what you are trying to do
without "Bouncing" messages all over the Internet.

If you look at the whole picture, you will see Julian's point ...
Create a patch that more fits your needs and be done with !!!

Marco