\. in filename.rules.conf

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Mon Feb 9 20:58:53 GMT 2004

I see the following in filename.rules.conf:

deny    pretty\s+park\.exe$
deny    happy99.exe$
deny    webpage\.rar$

Is the \ required before . ?

Also, I wanted to block any "doc.zip" attachments that come through, so
added the following line:

deny    doc.zip$        -       -

This also blocks dp_doc.zip, or anything else that has .....doc.zip.
The following appears to work properly, but just want to make sure:

deny    ^doc.zip$       -       -

Again, is a \. needed, rather than just the . ?

Thanks,

Dustin
--
Dustin Baer
Unix Administrator/Postmaster

may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.