Sender Virus Warning

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 8 09:38:45 GMT 2004

Virus Sender Warning are a very bad idea.

All major viruses now forge the sender address. So none of your warnings
are going to the people who have the infected PCs, they are going to poor
innocent third parties who are sick of getting millions of warning messages
about viruses they don't have. This causes them lots of grief, it wastes a
lot of my time (as they contact me for help or to rant or whinge) and it
gives MailScanner a very bad name.

So sender warnings are now switched off.

--
Julian Field