mailscanner-mrtg/Spam logs ?

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Feb 7 21:45:20 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 18:56, Thierry wrote:
> Hi,
> I still have a problem with my mailscanner-mrtg who do not want to scan the number of spam that i should have ?
> I was speaking to kevin about it, he told me to put Log spam = yes, that's what i did long time ago ... But still do not work.
> this evening i think about something, i am still using fetchmail/procmail to fetch and sort all of my emails ... Is that possible that fetchmail/procmail (with mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d %T") took all of my spam before mailscanner/spamassassin ?? If i am right, how can i do to correct this ?

Ah you didn't tell me that!

If you have set fetchmail to use procmail then all incoming mail will
bypass MailScanner completely.  Usually simply deleting the mda option
will cause fetchmail to start using sendmail to handle incoming mail
(naturally I'd advise testing this before putting it into production)

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.