mailscanner mrtg

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Sat Feb 7 03:29:21 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 19:39, jester wrote:
> Ive download and installed the new mailscanner mrtg, im getting these
> errors and im not really sure why, other than just being completely
> oblivious to something I've missed.
>
> thanks in advance
> Michael
>
> What should these be set to and are they not correct? (well if they were, i
> wouldnt get errors)
>
> Unable to find a mountpoint for /var/spool/mqueue.  Please set Spool
> Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint
> Unable to find a mountpoint for /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.  Please
> set MailScanner Work Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint

> dangerous content by our MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.

The latest version will not record data into a Spool Directory graph or
a Work Directory graph unless it is a mount point (ie.  the graphs will
be empty).

If you are using a tmpfs directory then go into mailscanner-mrtg.conf
and change the value there (/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming) to the
correct mount point.  Do the same for Spool Directory value if you have
a directory you want monitored (must be on a mount point).

If you aren't going to use these values and want to stop the messages
you can go to /etc/cron.d and change the line in mailscanner-mrtg.crond
to read

0-59/5 root /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mailscanner-mrtg.cfg > /dev/null
2>&1

The above is all on one line.  That will send those warning messages
quietly to the bit bucket.

--
Gerry Doris <gdoris at rogers.com>