Debian wierdness

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Wed Feb 4 23:34:03 GMT 2004

We also had issues around the time we did the perl update. I couldn't
exactly pin it down to being related vs. just a coincidence. But, in our
case the bayes database seemed to have gotten corrupted somehow around
the time of the upgrade. Again, I'm not certain it's related, but I have
not had any other issues with the bayes database previously.

After I moved the existing bayes_* files asside everything was fine ...
I retrained bayes with my saved corpus of ~1000 known spam and several
thousand more site specific known ham.

-Eric Rz.

[OT] PS We have this line in our crontab to check for new packages every
night:

05 5    * * *   root    apt-get -qq update && apt-get -dqq upgrade && apt-get -sqq upgrade

It checks for and downloads updated packages, but does not install them.
When there are new packages root gets an email. Another good thing is to
subscribe to the debian security announce list. That way you get an
explanation for any packages updated for security fixes. -edrz