(Kaspersky 5) Wrapper Script does not seem to work.

Wolfgang Hennerbichler mailscanner at WOGRI.AT
Wed Feb 4 17:17:27 GMT 2004

Hi!

I am having heavy troubles using Mailscanner with Kaspersky version 5.0.

I want Mailscanner to start the client portion of kaspersky called
aveclient in version 5. I modified the wrapper-script slightly, and it
seems to work:

This is what the wrapper looks like:

===============================
#!/bin/sh
PackageDir=$1/bin
shift
Scanner=aveclient

ScanOptions="-p /var/run/aveserver -s "

if [ "x$1" = "x-IsItInstalled" ]; then
 [ -x ${PackageDir}/$Scanner ] && exit 0
 exit 1
fi

exec ${PackageDir}/$Scanner $ScanOptions "$@"

when I start the wrapper-script like this: ./kavdaemonclient-wrapper /opt/kav/ /SampleVirus.exe

i get:

/SampleVirus.exe
INFECTED
LINFECTED I-Worm.Swen

so I assume this works. Also the return code ist other than zero:
 ./kavdaemonclient-wrapper /opt/kav/ /SampleVirus.exe > /dev/null && echo asfd

returns nothing, as it shoud.

The Problem is, that when Mailscanner starts this script, mailscanner never
detects any virus, although it SURELY starts the wrapper script (i tried this
with using a touch /tmp/asdf command just before the exec-part). Doesn't
Mailscanner look at the return-code of the program? Due to which criteria does
mailscanner decide that the object is a virus? I just don't know a solution.

Thank you for help!

wogri

wogri at wogri.at
http://www.wogri.at