RulesDuJour

Kai Raven k.raven at FREENET.DE
Wed Feb 4 11:42:29 GMT 2004

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:04:13 -0500 you wrote:

> If you haven't changed the rules_du_jour defaults, the rules will be
> downloaded into the /etc/mail/spamassassin directory.

I have used the rules_du_jour file, modified by Gerry Doris
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0401&L=mailscanner&P=R50073&I=-1
and yes, SA_DIR refers to the /etc/mail/spamassassin directory

> If you haven't changed the MailScanner defaults, they will be read
> from/etc/mail/spamassassin directory and used when MailScanner calls
> the SpamAssassin routines.

Yes, from my MailScanner.conf:
SpamAssassin Site Rules Dir = /etc/mail/spamassassin
And  I think it works (after i have copied the rules from the
rules_du_jour dir):
SpamAssassin(Wertung=34.59, benoetigt 3, J_CHICKENPOX_110 0.60,TW_CN
0.08, TW_GB 0.08, TW_GD 0.08, TW_IK 0.08(...)

> The fact that your rules live in /etc/mail/spamassassin/rules_du_jour
> directory indicates that the spamassassin --lint command is failing

mmh, spamassassin --lint works from the command line.

> and the downloaded rules are being backed out and stored in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/rules_du_jour.

I wrote it was *the first run*, so i haven't any rules like bigevil,
tripwire etc. before the run. I think, the script will do an update
the next run, if a rule has changed(?), because i have copied the rules
from the rules_do_jour directory to the parent directory so the
script can compare  them(?)

> What happens when you run the rules_du_jour script from a command
> line. That should tell you what is happening.

I get the output for all rules:
Old rule.cf already existed in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour... Retrieving file from
http://www.somehost/rule.cf...
rule.cf was up to date (skipped downloading of
http://www.somehost/rule.cf)...

No files updated; No restart required.

And sorry for the OT posting, but i saw in the MS-ML archive a lot of
postings about custom SA rules and the rules_du_jour script so i thought
it is OK to ask here on the list.
Nevertheless, thx for all responses :)

--
Ciao