RulesDuJour

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Feb 3 21:30:47 GMT 2004

At 04:15 PM 2/3/2004, Kai Raven wrote:
>Hi,
>
>today, i have used RulesDuJour the first time.
>After the first run, all the *.cf files are saved under the
>/etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour directory. Is it necessary to move
>or copy them to /etc/mail/spamassassin?

SA will not parse the files in subdirectories..

However, if you look closely, the ones in the RulesDuJour subdir should be
your *old* files, not the freshly downloaded ones.

 From the script itself:

TMPDIR="${SA_DIR}/RulesDuJour";                     # Where we store old
rulesets.  If you delete
                                                                    # this
directory, RuleSets may be detected as
                                                    # out of date the next
time you run rules_du_jour.

Also, for reference you're probably better off directing general
RulesDuJour questions to the spamassassin mailing list if you can. The
author of the RDJ script, Chris Thielen, subscribes to the spamassassin
list, but AFAIK not this list.

Of course, if your question is about mailscanner-specific things, your're
probably better off posting here.