SPF and MailScanner

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Feb 3 18:31:21 GMT 2004

"Spicer, Kevin" <Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK> wrote:

>There is a page addressing common objections to SPF on their site http://spf.pobox.com/objections.html

I note that their Sender Rewriting Scheme as proposed would turn most
mail servers into open relays, in the same way as the % hack does.
You need to make the rewritten return path cryptographically unforgeable.
The requirement for this in the SRS I-D is laughably weak.

http://spf.pobox.com/srs.html

Tony.
ROCKALL MALIN: SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9, OCCASIONALLY STORM 10,
BECOMING CYCLONIC 5 TO 7 LATER. OCCASIONAL RAIN OR SQUALLY SHOWERS. MODERATE
OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR.