2 MailScanners, 1 Bayes DataBase.

Tue Feb 3 13:44:27 GMT 2004

Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó wrote:
> Hi,
> I must use two MailScanners for two differents Sendmails installed in the same
> computer (one for the MX server and the other used as RELAY SMTP for my
> internet users).
>
> I would like that the two MailScanners use the same Bayes DataBase for the
> SpamAssassin.
> I will use the bayes_path configuration option in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> file to point to the same bayes database in the two MailScanner instances:
> bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
>
> Is there any problem in this ?
> Any race condition ?
>
> Any suggestion about this 2 MailScanners setup ?
> May I install only one MailScanner and then run two MailScanner instances
> using a different MailScanner.conf file for each one (I need two MailScanner
> because each Sendmail uses its own email queue) ?
> Which configuration parameters mut I take in account ?
>
> Greetings.
> ---
> Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó
> carles at unlimitedmail.org
> http://www.unlimitedmail.net/
> ---

Carles

there was some talk on this on the spamassassin email list a couple of
weeks ago. basically you should be OK provided only of the SA instances
(or MS in this case) is writing to the bayes DB for autolearning and
manual spam training. Also the  MailScanner doing the writing should be
the one which has the bayes DB locally.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator