questions using sendmail

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Feb 2 20:51:56 GMT 2004

[SKS]

Is mail being accepted by your system from other systems?

Can you telnet to port 25 from another system?

I also note that the incoming work directory should match your setting in
MailScanner.conf Typically this is

Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

The directory must exist and have the right permissions, typically for
sendmail on linux:

# ls -dl /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root           40 Feb  1 15:34
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> Quarantine Dir = /var/spool/quarantine
>
> But my mqueue.in still empty ... something to do with sendmai/fetchmail ?
>
> Thx
>
> --
> Thierry
> Ne faites jamais un "apt-get install new-wife" avant
> un "apt-get remove --purge current-wife"

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

believed to be clean.