Skip scan for viruses

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Mon Feb 2 20:40:48 GMT 2004

Dustin Baer wrote:

> Kevin Spicer wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to spam whitelist the IP address of the
> > MailScanner machine (which is presumably where the message would be sent
> > from)?
>
> The MailScanner machine is whitelisted, but I add the header to the
> original qf, and send the df/qf pair back through.  That way, the logs
> remain consistent.
>
> Although now that you bring it up, I might mess with changing the $_
> flag in the qf file, rather than adding the header.

Which should make it:

#!/bin/ksh

sed -e 's/^.$/H??X-SpamRequested-Email: Requested\
./' \
    -e 's/^\$_.*/$_[PUT YOUR WHITELISTED IP HERE]/' $emailID >
qf$emailID.$$ && mv qf$emailID.$$ qf$emailID

cp *$i /var/spool/mqueue.in

I have left the SpamRequested header in there, just for info purposes,
but removed the rule from spam.assassin.prefs.conf.  That way, spammers
can't benefit from it.

Again, thanks for mentioning it, Kevin!

Dustin
--