How to tune RBL checks and Spam score

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 30 18:44:58 GMT 2004

The Spam List setting is entirely separate from the SpamAssassin score,
it doesn't use SpamAssassin.  Make sure the lists you are using are all
defined in spam.lists.conf, or else they won't work.
The AHBL list is not defined in the supplied spam.lists.conf so you will
need to add that one yourself.
The only other tweaks you can do are
    Minimum Stars If On Spam List
which sets what gets reported to the user in the headers,
    Spam Lists To Reach High Score
which sets what happens when a message hits multiple Spam Lists,
    Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List
which controls whether it bothers running SpamAssassin on messages which
have hit a Spam List, which saves lots of CPU and network time.

--
Julian Field