Definitely Spam problem

Juan Pablo Abuyeres jpabuyer at TECNOERA.COM
Wed Dec 29 13:37:11 GMT 2004

That was it. Thank you!

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 08:35 +0000, Drew Marshall wrote:
      Juan Pablo Abuyeres wrote:
            Hi,

            I'm running mailscanner-4.33.3-1
            I have set up a rule for Is Definitely Spam, and
            action for spam is attachment. The problem is
            when I send an email, the mail dissapears. It
            never gets to the recipient, it doesn't bounce..
            nothing.

            <Snipped>
            Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]:
            Message DBF1C194 from 200.24.224.1
            (jpabuyer at tecnoera.com) to wawi.nac.cl is spam
            (blacklisted)
            Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Spam
            Checks: Found 1 spam messages
            Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Spam
            Actions: message DBF1C194 actions are attachment
            Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]:
            Created attachment dirs for 0 messages
            Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Virus
            and Content Scanning: Starting
            Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]:
            Commencing scanning by f-secure...
            Stopping now as you are debugging me.
            Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Scan
            ended at Tue Dec 28 19:32:59 2004
            Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: 1 file
            scanned
            Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]:
            Completed scanning by f-secure
            Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]:
            MailScanner child dying of old age

            I checked the changelog, but I didn't notice any
            entry on this issue.

            Any ideas?

      Yes, you need to add 'deliver' to the spam actions (To go
      with attachment)
            Is it possible to set a special action for "Is
            Definitely Spam" matching mails? (for customers
            who want to receive spam, convert to attachment
            high scoring spam, and delete Definitely Spam).

      AFAIK the options are for either spam or high scoring spam. I
      guess the obvious move is to set the high score to a very
      high number (200?) and set that to delete and the spam
      options to attach, deliver so those get attached and
      delivered, then set the blacklisted spam to be high scoring
      spam (So they get deleted). That would do the job ;-)

      Drew

      --
      In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for
      viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!