Stop postmaster emails

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Wed Dec 29 10:27:38 GMT 2004

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

>> How do I stop Mailscanner sending me an email to postmaster whenever it
>> discovers an infected/spam email?
>
> Alter your Mailscanner.conf and reload ? :)

<HINT>

# vi /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
<snip>
#
# Notices to System Administrators
# --------------------------------
#

# Notify the local system administrators ("Notices To") when any infections
# are found?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Send Notices = yes

# Include the full headers of each message in the notices sent to the local
# system administrators?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notices Include Full Headers = yes

# Hide the directory path from all the system administrator notices.
# The extra directory paths give away information about your setup, and
# tend to just confuse users but are still useful for local sys admins.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Hide Incoming Work Dir in Notices = no

# What signature to add to the bottom of the notices.
# To insert a line-break in there, use the sequence "\n".
Notice Signature = -- \nMailScanner\nEmail Virus
Scanner\nwww.mailscanner.info

# The visible part of the email address used in the "From:" line of the
# notices. The <user at domain> part of the email address is set to the
# "Local Postmaster" setting.
Notices From = MailScanner

# Where to send the notices.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notices To = postmaster

# Address of the local Postmaster, which is used as the "From" address in
# virus warnings sent to users.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Local Postmaster = postmaster
</snip>

</HINT>