Duplicate Messages after releasing from quarantaine.

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Tue Dec 28 14:44:44 GMT 2004

Hi !

Some questions about releasing messages from quarantaine. After
releasing a message from quarantaine by copying these files to our
outgoing-queue dir, these get delivery's pretty wel. But (there's
always a but .. eh) one of our storage-servers has cyrus duplicate
message suppression enabled. As you might guess: the releases
message gets dumped because the server thinks its a duplicate....

So, at first I though, ok, let's first change the message id of the
message to be released from quarantaine. But then I figured, this is
not nice ... if a message is PGP signed or anything, it will break.
On the otherhand, the 'cleaned' message with is send through (not
containing the filtered attachments) is munged already, so any
signing on these messages is already broken. It would make more
sence to change the message id of that message.

Final question therefore Julian: Would it be possible to generate a
new (unique) message id and replace the existing one with this one
in 'filtered', cleaned by MailScanner messages.

bye,
Chris

( Or am I completely on the wrong track on why our duplicate message
suppression is kicking in .... )