Mailserver replacement of exchange

Koen Teugels kte at NEXIS.BE
Mon Dec 27 11:29:27 GMT 2004

Michael Baird wrote:

 Does anyone has a good alternative for MS exchange (groupware) in the
opensource world? If it is possible an outlook client must be able to
connect to it.

 I've been looking as well, been following 3 projects,
http://www.egroupware.com, http://www.opengroupware.com,
http://www.open-xchange.org, they all have varying levels of outlook
connectivity, very raw. A non-opensource solution, that is inexpensive
and runs under linux is the kerio mailserver, it has a great web
interface as well as full outlook support (evolution/thunderbird support
is expected in the near future as well) and some nice Exchange migration
tools.

Hello I've been looking for for 3 products. But I wondering do you have a
favorite? I'm looking for a mail server / client + calendar + cms
(document ) + knowledge database + integration possibilities op mail
scanner.
Do you know people with installation experience. Can you customize the
product ?. Deactivate functions. Future of the products. Used
technologies, ...

Thanks Koen