Red Hat up2date can stop email on name servers

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Dec 23 14:47:04 GMT 2004

Steve Swaney wrote:

>Red Hat recently released Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Update 4. We have seen
>this update stop mail flow at several client sites on the email gateways
>that are also running DNS named services.
>
>If you are NOT running the named server, you should be able to run up2date
>without problems.
>
>If you are running the named services:

I've been bitten by this one yesterday.  Did the same thing.  I'm really
not happy with Red Hat releasing more than 75 patches to RHEL 3 this
close to the Christmas holidays...

I just hope my patched systems will be OK without me watching them
closely over the next week or so.

Happy Holidays everybody and thanks again Julian for this fantastic
software!!!  We owe you so much!

Denis

--
   _