X-MailScanner-From header not passed to SpamAssassin?

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Wed Dec 22 17:45:41 GMT 2004

Peter HOLZLEITNER wrote:

>I gather that the X-MailScanner-From (and -To) headers, if enabled, are
>only added at the end of processing.  Would it be possible to change
>that so they are already passed to SpamAssassin (and could be tested in
>local rules) and the custom logging routine?

In the latest version of MailScanner, the X-MailScanner-From header (or
whatever you specified in Envelope From Header =)  is added at the top
of the message before it is passed to SpamAssassin, so you should be
able to test for it.  Also, any previous version of the same header is
removed before sending the message to SA, so you can trust it.  The same
is not true for the X-MailScanner-To header.

--
Mark Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates