Could not parse Outlook Rich Text attachment

Michael H. Martel martelm at QUARK.VSC.EDU
Wed Dec 22 15:08:31 GMT 2004

--On Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:03 AM -0500 "Michael H. Martel"
<martelm at QUARK.VSC.EDU> wrote:

>  MessageID: iBLGPwu13257
>     Report: Could not parse Outlook Rich Text attachment

What a shmuck I am.

First off, if I look in the config file, I see that I can let it deliver
unparseable TNEF's.

Deliver Unparsable TNEF = no

Second I see this entry.  Hmm. The tnef in my /opt/MailScanner/bin doesn't
work.  Pointing this at the tnef installed in my /usr/local/bin fixes the
problem.

#TNEF Expander = /opt/MailScanner/bin/tnef --maxsize=100000000
TNEF Expander = /usr/local/bin/tnef --maxsize=100000000

You would think that I'd been hitting the eggnog from the Office Party
again.

Sorry to waste everybody's time!

Michael