Duplicate emails (STILL OCCURING) - same smtp id processed by different MS processes.

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Tue Dec 21 13:14:51 GMT 2004

Giulio

Yes, the patch fixed the problem for me as well on my RHEL AS 3.

The real cause of the problem was that I had not updated my AS 3 kernel
and system for a long time. When the kernel is a more recent one I do
not need to set "Lock Type = posix" and do not need to install the
patch.

It seems clear that older versions of the RHEL AS/ES 3 kernel had a bug
in it that effects locking (flock & Posix).

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.