ZIP file attachments passing through MS 4.35.9 unscanned

Mike michael at NOMENNESCIO.NET
Tue Dec 21 12:38:05 GMT 2004

> Behalf Of Adri Koppes
>
> Recently I have noticed some people bypassing the contents scanning of
Zip
> file attachments.
> When a message contains a .zip file attachment, renamed to .txt,
> MailScanner does not seems to detect the presence of the zip file,
despite > the setting of 'Find Archives By Content = yes' in the
MailScanner.conf   > file. Examing the message, the zip file is attached
as follows:

> Has anyone else noticed this problem? It is real easy to pass
executables
> and other mallicious content.

Use this option in MailScanner.conf:  "File Command = /usr/bin/file".

> Regards,
>
> Adri Koppes

Mike.