Rejecting unknown Users

Holger Banko holger.banko at PGAM.COM
Mon Dec 20 09:54:48 GMT 2004

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-15" character set. ]

Hello everybody,

we use SuSE 9.1 and an actual Mailscanner in front of our Louts Notes
Mailserver.

As I can see in the /var/log/mail logfile, we have a lot of trouble with
dictionary attacks. The Notes server is rejecting all unknown users so I have
an always full outgoing que.

Is it possible to already reject all unknown users by the Mailscanner System?
I can access the LDAP Directory of the notes server. Or just create an "valid
users file" and point the Mailscanner/Sendmail to it.

But I dont know how. I dont have much experience in configuring sendmail.

Thanks in advance you for your help
--
Holger Banko
IT-Administrator