SV: How to test if it is working?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Dec 18 23:12:35 GMT 2004

I will re-iterate my usual warning about the GFI tests as well as those
at http://www.webmail.us/testvirus.

These tests are both provided by companies trying to sell their
products. They in no way represent a set of techniques used by real
viruses or attacks that have been seen in the wild, they represent a
carefully controlled set techniques that they know their software will
detect.

Treat them with a large pinch of salt.

--
Julian Field