How does one upgrade?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Dec 18 21:19:44 GMT 2004

Lance Haig wrote:

> Julian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Would it be safe to upgrade the current version I have to the BETA?
>
> I am running on SUSE 9.1 and used the tar version from your site.

Hopefully you used my distribution intended for SuSE, in that case the
instructions I gave you will work.

As for whether it is safe or not, that's your call. You might want to
wait until a few other people have confirmed it works for them, as you
are a new user. Do you need the extra features in 4.37.5 over what is in
4.36? Consult the ChangeLog and see if you need to. If I were in your
position, I would hold off for 24 or 48 hours and see what other people
say. If there is no new release in that time, then it's probably safe.

--
Julian Field