MS 'doublespacing' messages?

Chuck Foster chuck.foster at STREAMSHIELD.COM
Fri Dec 17 14:56:44 GMT 2004

Could be a quoted-printable issue? I did notice that the raw files seem
to gain an additional =0D=0A at the end of some lines (which seems fine
for PDFs) but might impact straight text?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Matt Kehler
Sent: 17 December 2004 14:34
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MS 'doublespacing' messages?

It seems as though Mailscanner is doublespacing certain emails.  Initial
HTML emails coming in or out of my system are fine, but as soon as a
reply happens, from then on seemingly *any* additional reply will
doublespace the entire email.  So basically, after 4 or 5 replies (lets
say with only 2 additional lines of email each), the emails end up being
a few pages long; almost all empty spaces.

I don't use HTML email so I never really noticed it until people
complained, so I'm not sure exactly when it started. I DO have signing
rules on to append a signature to outgoing emails.  On that note, it will
append a signature on EVERY reply going out, even if there already is
one. So again, after 5 replies, the email contains 5 (15line) signatures.

Combine that with everything being doublespaced...it gets very
annyoying.  Any ideas?

Running MailScanner version 4.33.3

thanks

Matt

This email and/or any documents in this transmission is intended for the

addressee(s) only and may contain legally privileged or confidential

information.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying or

dissemination is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission
in

error, please notify the sender immediately and return the original.

Ce courriel et tout document dans cette transmission est destiné à la
personne

ou aux personnes à qui il est adressé. Il peut contenir des informations

privilégiées ou confidentielles. Toute utilisation, divulgation,
distribution,

copie, ou diffusion non autorisée est strictement défendue. Si vous
n'êtes pas

le destinataire de ce message, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur
immédiatement

et lui remettre l'original.

This message has been scanned for all known viruses
and dangerous content by StreamShield Protector,
and has been found to be clean.

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received
this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard
copy
by an authorized signatory.