Quarantine Report - Remarks..

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Thu Dec 16 13:55:02 GMT 2004

Hi there,

just tested a bit around with the Quarantine Report-Script, taken from
fsl.com..

And i have some remarks for the INSTALL-File ;)

Maybe it should be made clear, that someone has to change the URL within
the Emails.pm, because, if you dont do so, the Link to the
QuarantineRelease.php would be wrong..

as in the original script the link would be something like:

http://osiris.co.douglas.or.us/spam/20041214/iBELg3WM003969.mht

And you cannot change this link in the Config-File..as it is hardcoded in
the Emails.pm..

2. It should be made clear, that you should create an Alias within the
httpd.conf ;)

And now a question about that script..

I hope i got it right, when i thought, that, if i turn on the
flat-file-user-verification, i should create a file, in which the Script
will find the mail-address from those users, who should receive a spam
report,right?

so..if i just put for example

marcel-ml at irc-addicts.de

within this file, only the stated addresse will receive one report? :)

Because some spams are containing other users who are not on my system,
but the users on my system are within the bcc-field..

and so the script created a spamreport for the other users also..

maybe it would be great, if the script could check the Local Domains
within my sendmail? ;)

As within this file all local domains to catch the mails for are found..

That should be it..

greetings

Marcel