just installed MailScanner 4.36 on Fedora core 2

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Dec 16 04:01:19 GMT 2004

You are running sendmail. Do a:

chkconfig sendmail off
Chkconfig MailScanner on
killall -9 sendmail
killall -9 MailScanner
service MailScanner start

If sendmail runs before MailScanner, MailScanner can't run it's own sendmail
process to get the mail, because the lone, unprotected sendmail binds to
port 25.

Oh, and remember to tell sendmail to listen on other interfaces, not just
127.0.0.1 (stock RH/FC install). Check your sendmail.mc for "127.0.0.1" and
delete that line, then

make -C /etc/mail