710 messages waiting

Steve Hickel smhickel at CHARTERMI.NET
Thu Dec 16 02:17:32 GMT 2004

Mike,

I made the change you suggested. It still processes mail. When I do a ls
|ws on /var/spool/mqueue.in it say there are 2777 files. It does not
increase.

I no longer see the batch message, but it doesn't appear to be
processing any of the files in the mqueue.in folder. Further I see this
message in the log:

iBG2Av1c002397: [192.168.0.6] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during
connection to MTA on a frequent and regular basis.

.0.6 is the first scanner I am using.

r,

Steve

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 17:04, Mike Kercher wrote:
> Steve Hickel wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I notice in my maillog viewer that I have 710 messages waiting but
> > then it only processes a few messages. Not sure how to kick those 710
> > messages loose. Any thoughts? (they got then when I took my exchange
> > box off-line for a few minutes).
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Steve Hickel
>
> I had a similar issue on machines running Sendmail 8.13.x on RHEL  Julian's
> suggestion was to use posix locking rather than the default flock (in
> MailScanner.conf)
>
> Mike

believed to be clean.