Classes of service using advanced queuing techniques.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 21:26:10 GMT 2004

Errol Neal wrote:

>Thanks Julian. You are always very helpful.
>
>Last question. Is it possible to set  Incoming Queue Dir to
>/var/spool/mqueue.in.ciient1/* and /var/spool/mqueue.in.client2/*

I assume you are trying to say
/var/spool/mqueue.in.client1 (or the df and qf dirs inside them if they
exist)
and
/var/spool/mqueue.in.client2 (or the df and qf dirs inside them if they
exist)

In that case, set
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue.in.client*
and it should all just work it out for you.

The comments for this option in MailScanner.conf say this (for your
reference :-)

# Set location of incoming mail queue
#
# This can be any one of
# 1. A directory name
#    Example: /var/spool/mqueue.in
# 2. A wildcard giving directory names
#    Example: /var/spool/mqueue.in/*
# 3. The name of a file containing a list of directory names,
#    which can in turn contain wildcards.
#    Example: /opt/MailScanner/etc/mqueue.in.list.conf
#
# If you are using sendmail and have your queues split into qf, df, xf
# directories, then just specify the main directory, do not give me the
# directory names of the qf,df,xf directories.
# Example: if you have /var/spool/mqueue.in/qf
#                      /var/spool/mqueue.in/df
#                      /var/spool/mqueue.in/xf
# then just tell me /var/spool/mqueue.in. I will find the subdirectories
# automatically.

P.S. you should drop in on Steve Swaney at Fortress Systems for a
coffee. He's 2.67 miles away from you :-)

--
Julian Field