Spamassassin Timeouts

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Dec 15 16:44:57 GMT 2004

In my experience, under MailScanner, it's almost never a network test, as
SA times those out fast enough to not be timed out by MailScanner.

Generaly speaking, its a bayes opportunistic expiry. Check for bayes
"expire" files floating about near your bayes DB.

Short-term cleanup of the problem can be done by running sa-learn
--force-expire, and using the command line options to point it at your
bayes DB if it's not in the current user's home directory.

Longer term solutions involve disabling bayes_auto_expire in local.cf (not
spam.assassin.prefs.conf, local.cf), enabling MailScanners "Rebuild Bayes
Every=" option, and a cron-job to run the sa-learn --force-expire once a
day as a safety.