High CPU Utilization

Andrews Carl 448 Carl.Andrews at CRACKERBARREL.COM
Wed Dec 15 05:50:35 GMT 2004

Just the defaults. I just searched the server, bigevil.cf does not even
exist. That is something I would have to add myself correct? So far this
is a default install, only changed what was necessary to make it go :->

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Mike Kercher
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 8:30 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: High CPU Utilization

What SpamAssassin rulesets are you using?  Any besides the defaults such
as
bigevil.cf?

Mike

________________________________

Behalf
Of Andrews Carl 448
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 6:26 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: High CPU Utilization

I am using a 3GHZ Compaq/HP DL380 with 1G RAM, running MailScanner
4.35.11,
Spamassassin 3.0.1, RedHat 9.0 (download version) and clamav 0.80. At any
given point I have one copy of /usr/sbin/MailScanner running at 50% -97%
CPU. As I am writting this there are 23 instances running, one is at 60%
and
the rest do not even appear on the (top -c ) output. Anyone got any ideas
on
why this would be? Anything I can do to correct? Output from sar shows:
"Average:          all     60.23      0.00     15.97     23.80". This
server
is for email filtering only. No other software (except a full install of
the
OS)

Thanks!
Carl