Using MailScanner to quarantine large files

James Page billox at BILLOX.COM
Wed Dec 15 01:31:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

My employer has a fat pipe into head office and a bunch of smaller
branch offices around Australia and New Zealand on the end of little
thin pipes.

Like many others, we have a block on anything over a certain size so as
to not put the squeeze on the smaller site's links. This is not ideal,
as although the 90% of large, generally not work related inbound emails,
are blocked, the 10% of them are important work related files.

After recently implementing MailScanner and Mailwatch, it dawned on me
how nice it would be able to use the quarantining system in MailScanner
to hold anything over a certain size, to be released if deemed
important. This would prevent abuse and yet still allow legitimate email
to flow through if required.

Has anyone implemented anything similar to this? If so, how? Any docs? :)

Thanks

James