Duplicate emails (STILL OCCURING) - same smtp id processed by different MS processes.

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Tue Dec 14 08:55:01 GMT 2004

Julian

I am _still_ seeing some duplicate processing by MailScanner when I set
"Lock Type = posix" although not as many as when I let "Lock Type"
default.

The setup is:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 1)
  - its own Sendmail 8.12.10
  - have not applied most recent kernel updates

MailScanner-4.35.11-1
  - with a more recent Message.pm

MailScanner.conf
  - Lock Type = posix

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.